HCC's Role & Response to COVID-19 and How You Can Help
Harvest Compassion Centers continue to take all precautions to assure that our staff, volunteers and clients and the greater community are safe and healthy.
Toward that effort, we will be adjusting daily HCC operations as follows:
- HCCs will remain open on normal days and times
- HCCs will have no more than 10 individuals in a center at one time
- ‘Gel in, Gel out’ policy is in place
- No physical touch policy is in place
Due to recent recommendations per the CDC and local government Harvest Compassion Center’s Striking Out Hunger Family-Fun Bowling event, scheduled for Saturday, May 2, has been cancelled.
While we regret having to cancel this event, we count it a privilege to communicate how you can still make a HUGE IMPACT during this challenging time.
AZ Gives Day is approaching on April 7 – HCC’s goal is to raise $50,000 on the 7th that will allow all HCC locations to continue to remain fully operational, handing out FREE groceries, hygiene and baby items to families.
Our goal is to triple every dollar donated with several matching partners, allowing YOUR dollar given to make a greater impact during this time of increased demand for our services!
As temporary job loss continues and schools remain close, HCC continues to feed families five days a week.
To keep up with this spike in HCC clients, here's how you can help!
- Become a Matching Partner for AZ Gives Day on April 7 – email Nicolee to confirm your match on April 7, allowing hundreds more to be fed!
- Donate your best gift to Harvest Compassion Center on April 7, on the AZ Gives Day website:
***By donating on HCC’s AZ Gives Day profile page we have multiple chances to match your gift! This stretches your dollar further than you going out and braving the crowds to find product to donate. Please let us work smarter and purchase through our regular partner agencies which allows us to bring in triple the product with the highest regard to new safety measures!
***After you donate any size gift, SHARE your generosity using the Facebook/Twitter icons so others have the same opportunity to feed a family! Share with #AZGivesDay
- Volunteer: Click here to complete our Volunteer Application https://harvestcompassioncenter.org/get-involved
***Please note volunteers between the ages of 18 and 65 years old who are healthy are needed to help run weekly shifts.
- Continue to pray for our HCC operations, product supply and community.
Although our outreach has been modified, our commitment remains intact as we continue to serve our community with compassion.
Thank you for stepping up and serving others during COVID-19!