Information we collect
- Mitchell Swaback Charities, Inc. the 501©3 umbrella charity who fully funds and operates the Harvest Compassion Center collects personal information when you communicate with us online – by making a donation or creating an account, for example.
- We collect personal information we receive offline when you volunteer, donate or participate in our events.
How we use your information
- We use your personal information to contact you with news items that may interest you and opportunities to donate or volunteer.
- We use information from cookies and similar technology to facilitate and track use of our websites and mobile applications, to deliver web content relevant to you and to advertise our events and our mission.
Sharing information with third parties
- We will provide personal information in response to subpoenas, to allow law enforcement, at our request, to investigate unlawful activities at our websites, to our trusted service providers and to a successor in interest by merger or reorganization.
- We may share your information with your consent.
Opting Out, online tracking and your privacy rights
- To limit our communications with you, please email us at our Contact Us page.
- You have the right to prevent the sharing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, free of charge, by emailing us at our Contact Us Page.
- We use third party service providers to collect information about visits to our websites and mobile applications using technology such as cookies and Web beacons. For more information and to opt out of having information collected by our web analytics companies, please visit Google, Flurry and Adobe/Omniture.
Mitchell Swaback Charities, Inc. and Harvest Compassion Center and HCC event and program names and logos (“HCC Marks”) are trademarks or service marks of Mitchell Swaback Charities, Inc. and may not be used without the prior written consent to MSC, Inc. except that you shall have the right and obligation to maintain the name of the MSC, Inc. and/or HCC appearing in the copyright notice on any Materials.
Creating Accounts and Communicating with MSC, Inc./HCC
When you sign up to take part in events, submit photographs or video, participate in online discussions, purchase products, or make a donation you will be asked to create an account and provide a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
When you communicate with MSC, Inc. and/or HCC in any way, you may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or mislead as to the origin of your communication. MSC, Inc. takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content represented by you or any third party.
When you create an account, purchase products or contact us by email, you are communicating with us electronically and you consent to receive communications from us electronically and agree that such communications satisfy any legal requirement that these communications be in writing.
Online Product Catalog
MSC, Inc. attempts to be as accurate as possible when describing its products. However, MSC, Inc. does not warrant that the product descriptions or other content is accurate complete, reliable, current, or error-free.
If you are under 18, you may use the MSC, Inc. Online Product Catalog only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. MSC, Inc. reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, or cancel orders in its sole discretion.
Links to MSC, Inc. and/or HCC
MSC, Inc. and HCC encourages you to appropriately link to our web site, subject to our Link Policy. You may not frame the content of the MOD Sites or use metatags or other “hidden text” that incorporates the MSC and/or HCC name or any MOD Marks without our prior written consent.
Links to Third Party Sites
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL MSC, Inc. and/or HCC, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY AND WHETHER OR NOT MSC, INC. HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO (A) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE MOD SITES; (B) ANY CONTENT OR PRODUCTS AVAILABLE OR SOLD ON OR THROUGH THE MOD SITES; OR (C) ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT OR MATERIALS (INCLUDING USER MATERIALS) OR THE DEFAMATORY, INFRINGING, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY. CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
©2017 Mitchell Swaback Charities, Inc. All rights reserved. MSC, Inc. and/or HCC is a not-for-profit organization recognized as tax-exempt under Internal Revenue code Section 501(c)(3). Our mission is to engage a person’s heart in the act of helping others.